As part of our Urban Sanitation & Hygiene for Health and Development programme, we aim to improve practice and contribute to WASH sector knowledge and evidence. Please find below a selection of our latest publications on urban sanitation and hygiene.
Collaboration with Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology Sydney
- Exploring smart enforcement within urban sanitation (2017)
- Are we doing the right thing? Critical questioning for city sanitation planning (2016)
- Exploring legal and policy aspects of urban sanitation and hygiene (2016)
- A guide to septage transfer stations (2016)
- Behaviour change communication guidelines (2016)
- Financing sanitation for cities and towns (2014)
Pro-poor market-based solutions for faecal sludge management (FSM) in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh FSM Network Convention - Workshop proceedings (2016)
- Co-composting of faecal sludge and municipal organic waste for sustainable crop production (2016)
- Action manual on participation-oriented safety training for faecal sludge emptiers (2015)
- Occupational safety and health guidelines for faecal sludge management (2015)
- Review of legal and other governing factors related to faecal sludge management (2014)
- Assessing faecal sludge management of residential premises in selected Southern cities (2014)
- Modernising urban sanitation in Bangladesh (2014)
- Urban sanitation - Planning & finance
- Urban sanitation - Upgrading and emptying of on-site facilities
- Urban sanitation - Professionalization of sludge emptying services
For more information on our knowledge resources, please contact Antoinette Kome, Global Sector Coordinator WASH.
You can also search our library for more publications by using the various filter options.