For a maximum duration of three semesters, four scholarship positions will be offered to post-graduate students at Khulna University, and another four at Khulna University of Engineering & Technology. Successful applicants will receive a monthly stipend of BDT 20,000 (Twenty Thousand Taka only), and added financial support to conduct research.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is implementing the project ‘City Wide Inclusive Sanitation Engagement (CWISE)’ to establish Khulna as a Model City. Within three years (2018-2020) SNV aims to increase Khulna’s access to safely managed sanitation and triple the amount of treated human waste. Applying a value chain development methodology, the project will be implemented across five towns in southern Bangladesh, and will contribute to sector knowledge and learning on urban sanitation.
Eligibility and conditions
- For regular post-graduate/masters students interested to develop a thesis on issues related to Faecal Sludge Management.
- Clear links between proposed topic and the project’s objectives must be established.
- Results of the research will be shared in SNV-organised national/regional workshop and learning events, and outputs will be shared in national Sanitation Forums.
- Successful applicants are expected to publish their work with SNV, and where possible, an external publication.
Submit the following by 30 September 2018:
- detailed research proposal duly signed by your Supervisor(s),
- completed application form, and
- recommendation letters from two referees (one must be from your thesis supervisor).
All applications must be submitted in electronic and hardcopy.
Hardcopy: Deliver to the following address with “KCC FSM Scholarship Programme” written on top of the envelope: Mr. Palash Kanti Bala, Chief Executive Officer, Khulna City Corporation and Convener KCC FSM Scholarship Committee
Scholarship application forms and the concept note may be obtained from:
Registrar Offices of Khulna University and Khulna University of Engineering & Technology | Office of the Chief Planning Officer of the Khulna City Corporation and Member Secretary KCC FSM Scholarship Committee
Or visit the Khulna City Corporation website
Banner photo: Khulna Faecal Sludge Treatment Plant (Sayed Asif Mahmud/Pathshala South Asian Photo Academy)